Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grins & Squiggles: Awesome Autumn!


Tuesday evening, several PAT families joined in on the Grins & Squiggles fun! We learned about owls, other words that begin with the letter "O", why the leaves change color in the fall, shapes, and the seasons.

The kids had a great time making owl puppets and leaf mosaics. We ended up with some very creatively arranged owls, and they were all masterpieces!










We also learned 3 songs/finger-plays about apples. If you were unable to make the meeting, here they are so that you can try them at home!

LITTLE APPLES (Sing to the tune of "Ten Little Indians")
One little, two little, three little apples,
Four little, five little, six little apples,
Seven little, eight little, nine little apples,
All fell to the ground.


APPLE TREE
Way up high in the apple tree (stretch arm up high)
Two red apples smiled at me (hold up 2 fingers)
I shook that tree as hard as I could (make a shaking motion)
Down came the apples, (make a downward motion)
Mmmm--were they good! (smile and rub stomach)


I'M A LITTLE APPLE (Sing to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
I'm a little apple, short and round,
I make a munchy, crunchy sound,
If you bite into me you will see-
I'm delicious as can be!


Please mark you calendar for our next installment of Grins & Squiggles- Tuesday, October 13th from 6:30-7:30 pm. We will have our own little Boo Bash in honor of Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment